Friday, March 16, 2012

International job sites

It's time to stop just reading my damned blog and to start job hunting! Here's a list of international jobs sites I pulled from this Reddit post. Not all of them have jobs that say they sponsor internationally, but if you've read my work permit series, you know know these are often a good start.

Post more sites in the comments!

Site Description
Undutchables International recruiting for skilled labor in the Netherlands
indeed Lists jobs all over the world
O Hayo Sensei English teaching jobs in Japan
seek Australia job site
Tree-planter.com Tree planting jobs in Canada
wwoof World Wide Opportunies on Organic Farms
InfoJobs Empleo Jobs in Spain
LoQuo Barcelona "Craigslist for Spain". Has a jobs section.
travajos.com Jobs in Spain
Jobindex Jobs in Denmark
Jobzonen Jobs in Denmark
jobnet Jobs in Denmark
Work in Denmark Jobs in Denmark (caters to Internationals)
Øresunddirekt Jobs in Denmark
posao.hr Jobs in Croatia
MojPosao Jobs in Croatia
rep.hr Jobs in Croatia
Monster.de Jobs in Germany (Monster has jobs all over the world, though)
StepStone Jobs in Germany
jobs.ac.uk UK Acedemic Jobs
seek Jobs in New Zealand
trademe Jobs in New Zealand
JobsinHubs.com English jobs in Europe
tealit.com Jobs in Taiwan
careerjet.sg Jobs in Singapore
EURES European Job Mobility Portal
Monster India Well, duh. Remember Monster has jobs all over the world
maukri.com Jobs in India
tesol Teach English as a Second Language
Pole Emploi International Managed by French unemployment offices. Lists jobs outside France, including Africa
Academic Transfer Academic jobs in the Netherlands
Booking.com They're hiring so often and growing so fast that I would be remiss pointing out their IT opportunities in Amsterdam
xpat jobs Jobs targeting those with foreign language skills

9 comments:

  1. If I may add one more, Curtis?

    Pole Emploi International http://www.pole-emploi-international.fr/www.eei.com.fr/eei/accueil.jsp

    This is managed by the French unemployment office and lists jobs outside of France (Europe and International). I've seen some very interesting ads for jobs in Africa posted here. It's worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Added it to the table above. I was interested to note that it also had three jobs in Antarctica.

      Delete
  2. http://www.academictransfer.com, an academic job site for The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Curtis, I wish I discovered you while you were still in Amsterdam. I'm an Americano exiled in the DAM for about 2.5 yrs now and lov'in it :) Anyhow, I was wondering if you had experiences with setting up small projects with any of the Dutch agencies. I'm interested in offering some evening/weekend trainings and was curious if these agencies help promote such activities. Thanks and looking forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael,

      Sadly, I have no experience with that. I was living there my daughter's first year of life, so I didn't have a huge amount of free time/

      Delete
  4. Immigration bottleneck

    Hi Curtis,

    Thanks for the your efforts in putting all these information in your blog and helping many aspiring immigrants like me. From my research, I could understand that for a non-EEA national immigration to Europe is a mammoth task. Even-though, I started applying in many job websites,I am finding a bottleneck scenario and hope would find some answer here,i.e, YOU NEED TO HAVE A OFFER LETTER FROM THE EU EMPLOYER but IT LOOKS PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET AN INTERVIEW CALL/OFFER while not in EU. I live in India and approached many job consultants in India and they seemed helpless. Can you please guide me in this scenario?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an Indian who has (fairly) recently moved to Europe on a work visa.

      (a) Depending on where in Europe you want to go to, it may be easier for you to get an immigrant visa than a work visa.
      This is especially true if you are moving to the UK and have a graduate degree and some work experience.

      (b) Finding an employer who will sponsor a work visa is hard. It will be much harder if you are relatively new to the field.
      However, the financial rewards are really good as a newbie, but as a senior person, not so much.

      (c) If you are new, your best option is to join one of the outsourcing giants and work overseas. This is becoming harder and less frequent.

      (d) If you have over five years of experience and a good skill profile online, you may find a company willing to sponsor you. This is far easier if you know people at those companies.

      (e) An alternative option is to join a university in Europe for a post graduate education, and then find a job locally.

      Delete
    2. I can back up some of the points Devdas mentioned. I have a friend from India in Amsterdam who found work here after his first international assignment in the UK. He works on IT projects for large multinationals. I also have friends from outside the EU that are doing research at universities, which is treated as a job.

      As sponsoring companies need to prove why they should be allowed to hire an "outsider" versus a local, you need to help prove how you add unattainable talent that the local market doesn't possess. Effectively it should be clear that you would have a positive gain for The Netherlands system. With the company that sponsored me, we sat down together writing the visa application to make a strong, unique case.

      Delete